Our Drift AE suggested a Quiz bot (vs. conversational LP) for an interactive questionnaire we've put together, but wasn't able to provide us with examples. Has anyone done that and could share it with us?
💡 The key to customer centricity is being there for your customer when they need you.
The Challenge: A Seller-Centric Website Missing Out on Qualified Buyers
New York-based Smartling is a leader in translation management software and translation services.
Smartling’s Director of Brand and Communication, Adrian Cohn, has a somewhat unlikely background for a Smartling marketing leader: Customer Success. But as improving the buying experience becomes more crucial, his path will become more common among forward-thinking marketing teams. Because these days, being able to craft a message isn’t enough: In order to get that message to resonate, you need to be able to understand the behavior of your customers.
“When I joined marketing, my priority was to fix our product messaging and brand experience. It was also painfully obvious that our challenge was beyond messaging: The buyer experience was old-fashioned. Our website was stuck in 2010 and was too old school. Hard to navigate. Forms everywhere. Complicated buying process. We spent a lot of time developing the website with very little return.”
And the data backed it up. Taking a look under the hood, Adrian realized that despite Smartling’s considerable website traffic, people weren’t filling out the forms on their site.
Adrian made the decision to focus on completely rebuilding and refreshing Smartling’s website. In a little over a month he launched an entirely new website – new content, a refreshed brand position, and not a single form in sight. Instead, Smartling.com relied 100% on conversational marketing to drive real-time, one-to-one conversations.
What do you think? What tactics or tool have you used to reduce friction for your buyers? 👇
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- Add tags to your Zendesk ticket
- Why? This makes it easier for Zendesk tickets to accurately reflect the conversation information from Drift!
- Who? Paid plans (Standard and above) with Zendesk integration
- Where? Zendesk tickets from Drift chats
- ABM notifications on desktop
- Why? Desktop provides better notifications. ABM Notifications are a type of notification. Wouldn't it be nice... to have them on the desktop?!
- Who? Premium and Enterprise customers
- Where? Desktop app notifications
- Open copied convo links in desktop
- Why? A small delight moment for reps to easily navigate to a conversation in their clipboard!
- Who? Desktop app users
- Where? Desktop app
- New convo experience for anyone who wants it
- Net new Essential customers on V2
- Why? We want to get as many customers as possible on the new widget as we're actively working to solve customer pains such as performance, design and flexibility.
- Who? New customers on Essential plan!
- Where? Your widget!
- Who? Enterprise customers with Audiences
- Where? URL of Audiences (VIsitors > Audiences overview)
- Why? Allows users to instantly share what they’re seeing for Audiences data simply by copying the URL.
- Audience dashboard filters IN the URL
- Why? The Convo Team has been working on adding critical features for upper tier plans, and now we are ready to get some ICP users on the desktop app.
- Who? Anyone!
- Where? Switch from the link in the banner on app.drift.com/inboxes
- Who? Everyone!
- Where? Visitors > Contacts > Contact segments
- Where? Wherever Drift Intel is used: targeting, Audiences, ABM, routing, and so much more!
- Increased accuracy for all 6sense customers
- Why? A 10% accuracy improvement is a huge plus for customers, and will improve the reliability of things like Targeting, Audiences, ABM and Routing (to name a few), all of which depend on Drift Intel being reliable.
- Who? Customers on Premium and above with 6sense
- Only show user-defined contact segments
- Why? What is _%%_attribute targeting segment anyway? Now your segments view is cleaner and easier to digest!
- Automatic convo syncing
- Why? Automatic conversation sync allows you to stop worrying about closing conversations and lets you focus on doing your job! Check out the help doc.
- Who? Customers on Essential and above
- Where? Settings > App settings > Conversations > Advanced
Drift Video 📹
- Manage Team Video users in-app
- Why? This set of changes lets admins view their video team billing info, invite team users, apply team licenses, and buy more licenses if they run out. Less back and forth between video and app settings makes this process even easier.
- Who? Customers on Video Teams plan
- Where? Settings > Organization settings > Manage teammates on app.drift.com
- Auto-generated captions
- Why? Captions help make video more accessible to everyone and are a tried and true way of boosting engagement.
- Who? Customers on Video Teams plan
- Where? Any new videos you record!
Please reach out with any questions or feedback!