🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: July 14th
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- Send button in new convo experience!
- What: Send messages by clicking a button instead of hitting enter from the new conversations experience
- Why: Customers sending messages in non-latin languages often need to use the enter key to select the words and can end up sending half-formed messages to their customers. Also, some customers get nervous they'll accidentally hit enter before they are done typing and want to make sure they're being professional. This helps prevents any accidental slip-ups!
- Where: new convo experience and desktop app
- Who: everyone!
- Faster invitation speed when adding new users!
- What: Inviting a user takes 4 SECONDS and results in FRICTIONLESS EXPANSION
- Why: Until now, inviting new users to large orgs has been SUPER slow. For our larger org the invitation requests take so long that an error shows in the UI so the user can't even tell if their invitation went through.
- Where: Manage teammates page (https://app.drift.com/settings2/team)
- Who: All admins
- Better, smarter slash-command suggestions
- What: Options for slash-commands now populate as you're typing instead of having to remember exactly what you're looking for
- Why: We got direct customer feedback saying tagging a convo was a pain! You had to remember exactly what the tag started with in order to find it with the command. We got to thinking about how to solve this and we figured we could improve the results of all the slash-commands in the app, not just tags!
- Where: new convo experience/desktop app
- Who: everyone!
- Browser and phone calling in the desktop app
- What: Use chat to call in the desktop app!
- Why: now that the desktop app is available to more customers, we wanted to ensure that the features they were used to seeing in the web app were available in the desktop app!
- Where: New convo experience/desktop app
- Who: Premium/ENT customers
- User defined pages in the playbook creator
- What: During onboarding, we're now inviting customers to connect their Google Analytics account and give us access to their yummy page data. If they create a playbook before our own site coverage report is ready, they can make good choices with their own analytics data!
- Why: Over the first two quarters we did a ton of work to get customers installing sooner, but there was still always that 24hrish gap between installing and the first site coverage report. If a customer wanted to create a playbook during that timeframe, they were flying blind!
- Where: Onboarding flow and playbooks
- Who: Essential+ (& CSMs)
Drift Email 💌
- Email bot management
- What: ability to clone email bot campaigns
- Why: launching campaigns is time consuming when each one needs to be crafted by hand. now customers have a fast and simple way to replicate their most successful campaigns.giving our wonderful CSMs time back in their day & speeding up time to launch, connecting customers with their leads faster.
- Where: Email bot campaigns tab
- Who: Email bot customers
Drift Video 📹
- Embed your Drift videos
- What: Drift Videos can now be embedded directly into other webpages!
- Why: help customers scale! When you record a video, the value it can provide to your customers is limited by the audience that can access it. By allowing Drift Videos to be embedded on other webpages, we're enabling our customers' videos reach much larger audiences AND provide more immersive experiences on their landing pages/helpdocs/etc. - which is a HUGE help for CSMs, marketers, AE's, and SE's everywhere
- Where: copy link on the share video page
- Who: Team Video users
Questions? Comments? Feedback? Respond below! 👇