🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: September 9th
This post is part of a new series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- More availability options
- What: Additional times for minimum notice for meetings (2 & 3 days)
- Why: a little birdy (a customer from a canny post!) told us some people wanted longer minimum notice times for booking certain meeting types to allow for complete meeting prep and people wrangling
- Where: Meeting availability settings (https://app.drift.com/meetings/)
- Who: everyone!
- Android data display update
- What: With the Data Display update you will have all the user details at the reach of your pocket, reducing the friction and allowing our customers to have a conversation from start to finish in the mobile app!
- Why: Imagine that you are a SDR and you are assigned a lead while you are away from your desktop. You start chatting with the customer through the mobile app. But once you are ready to book a meeting you have to rush to your laptop to check the account details in the desktop app.
- Where: Android app
- Who: Android app users
- Custom Audiences
- What: Orgs with custom Audiences will see a predefined list of custom audiences and edit them to be anything they want, with the ability to create a brand new custom audience soon to follow!
- Why: Since its launch Audiences has always given users a set of canned attributes that make up the Audiences dashboard. Introducing custom audiences is the first step towards giving our customers the power to define what is important to them, and tune their metrics to reflect that.
- Where: Audiences
- Who: org 1 and EAP
- Updates to conversation details
- What: Multiple sidebar sections can be opened at the same time on the details sidebar
- Why: Customers want to view as much information as possible during a conversation, and previously you could only view one section at a time.
- Where: New conversation experience (app.drift.com/conversations or desktop app)
- Who: Everyone!
- Useful context menus in reports
- What: Right clicking works the way nature intended and it's never been easier to queue up new report tabs.
- Why: It's not unlikely that a user may want to view multiple reports one after another, often queueing them up in different tabs. Previously this was something of a pain in the ass because the summary table didn't support right clicking into a new tab.
- Where: Reports > Chat playbooks > Overview
- Who: Anyone with access to reports
Drift Email 📩
- You can now forward an email from the Drift Email inbox!
- What: Now all Drift Email customers can forward any response they receive to any address they wish, giving marketers more flexibility and power to pass on leads.
- Why: Customers like the flexibility of logging into an inbox (o365 or gmail) and being able to FWD an email to anyone. When Drift is the one receiving all their emails, however, it makes it difficult to do.
- Where: email.drift.com/inbox
- Who: All Drift Email customers
- Campaign Email Bot Replies Now Send Through Drift
- What: Customers can create bot users that can send replies through Drift! This works for any of their verified sending domains, no additional inbox required
- Why: Customers had to setup another dedicated inbox for replies by going through IT. This caused friction, confusion, delays, and added cost for our customers
- Where: email.drift.com/settings/bot
- Who: All Drift Email customers
Thoughts or feedback? Respond below 👇️