🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: October 21st
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- Send conversation transcripts from the mobile app (iOS)
- What: Send chat transcripts to your Drift teammates from the iOS app
- Why: If the customer asks for it, we do it!! As we introduce more features to the mobile app, the customer will have more flexibility to continue their workflow without interruption. Whether they are in their desktops or in the bus, they will be able to send conversation transcripts with ease!
- Where: iOS app
- Who: Everyone
- Update to Audiences trend data
- What: Showing Playbook coverage and Conversations and emails capture over 12 weeks to simulate a quarter’s worth of trends
- Why: Previously with audiences you could not easily see trends over time. In September, the Audiences App team shipped trends over 8 weeks and customers requested to see trends over a quarter.
- Where: Audiences
- Who: Customers with Audiences
- Multiple Account owners in Prospector
- What: By pulling in additional SFDC owner data, Prospector can support multiple account owners. BDR’s can now view accounts shared between them & certain AE’s during account reviews. AE’s can now view all their accounts, even ones being worked by the BDR team.
- Why: For a long time, Drift has only supported the notion of one account owner: a “Drift Owner”. This is problematic for a ton of orgs (Drift included) because accounts can shared e.g. between an AE and a BDR. This often meant specific accounts were missing from view AND users didn’t have access to the SFDC account filters they were used to having. This has been a highly requested feature by users of Prospector for quite some time, and a consistently high ranking issue on Canny. We believe it’s been one of the main barriers to complete adoption and habitual usage of Prospector by AE’s and BDR’s within org 1. Not seeing your accounts in Prospector is frustrating and erodes trust in the product.
- Where: Prospector’s Target Accounts and Activity Feed
- Who: Customers with Prospector
- Schedule Playbooks to go offline!
- What: You can set a date and time to turn off your playbook so you don't have to set reminders for yourself!
- Why: Customers were setting up reminders in their calendars to turn off playbooks at a specific time. What a tedious process! But the freshly created Playbook Management Team came to the rescue!! Now our customers can go to sleep in peace knowing that the playbook will go offline automatically!
- Where: Bot playbook builder
- Who: Customers with bot playbooks
- Update to playbook reporting CSV
- What: Playbook reporting CSV exports now includes archived playbooks
- Why: Efficiency and Ease. Playbook CSV exports didn't include archived playbooks even if they were on during the requested time frame of the data export. This led to our ENT CSM team having to add up archived playbook data numbers manually. It took a lot of effort for them to gather the data that was required to measure success metrics. Including archived playbooks streamlines this process!!!
- Where: Reports > Chat playbooks (https://app.drift.com/reports/chat-playbooks)
- Who: Everyone
- More secure admin password resets!
- What: Now when a user's password is reset by the admin, the next time they attempt to login they'll be forced to create a new password before being logged in
- Why: Currently if an admin resets a user's password then sends them their new password, the user is not required to create their own personalized password once they've successfully logged in. This is less than ideal because it's always possible a malicious party could intercept the admin's created password during the handoff!
- Where: Login (start.drift.com)
- Who: Everyone
- Customize conversation section length!!
- What: Choose between 3, 5, or 10 conversations in each section
- Why: We heard from our customers that having to press load more to see more conversations was decreasing their response time to chats, so wanted to allow them to see more conversations in a section in order to save them a few extra seconds to respond to a customer!!
- Where: New conversation experience (app.drift.com/conversations or desktop app)
- Who: Everyone (access to all conversations)