🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: October 28th
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- New Product Tour modal for onboarding the New Convo Experience
- What: An onboarding modal walking users through the New Convo Experience and creating their first sidebar section
- Why: Gotta communicate that value new and existing users can benefit from a deeper understanding of our capabilities, we can provide handy links to parts of the app and explain changed workflows, and SDR managers can have a clear place to download our onboarding guide for their SDRs. Onboarding is a critical piece of our UX! Alongside our beautiful slideshow, our handy nudge about creating a new section will appear if you have no sections created yet.
- Where: New conversation experience (app.drift.com/conversations, desktop app)
- Who: Everyone
- Marketo export limits notifications
- What: User will be notified in app when they hit Marketo export limits (500 MB)
- Why: Previously, when this occurred we gave no signal to the User that the Marketo limit had been hit. This led to customers needing to raise tickets with Drift only to be sent back to Marketo to either increase their limit or wait for the next day. Now our customers can be more self-service and see these errors in the UI. That will also give them more confidence and trust in Drift platform.
- Where: Marketo Event Log (https://app.drift.com/settings/marketo/event-log)
- Who: Customers with Marketo
- Clone a playbook with audience targeting conditions
- What: Add a specific audience to an existing playbook!!!
- Why: We already supported new playbook creation with audience conditions, but users were straight out of luck if they wanted to use audience targeting for an existing playbook. Making this as easy as possible incentivizes our customers to create playbooks with relevant targeting conditions, which in turn means more conversations, and more meetings booked.
- Where: Audiences
- Who: Customers with Audiences
- Visualizing meetings booked per audience
- What: See how many meetings are being booked within an audience
- Why: A funnel’s really only useful if you can see the whole thing. Now in audiences you can follow all the way from total visitors, to meetings booked. We want to give our customers all the info they need to be effective, and this is a big step in that direction.
- Where: Audiences
- Who: Customers with Audiences
- Alert when a #DriftLink is already being used by a playbook
- What: Now the user will receive a friendly alert if the #DriftLink that they are typing is already being used, and they will have to change it in order to submit it.
- Why: Imagine this, you are excited to use your new shiny playbook, so you insert its DriftLink to your page but... it doesn't launch the playbook! Why? Because the #DriftLink was already assigned to another playbook, so our backend decided to change the DriftLink to another random value (without letting the customer know). But those days are over! Now our customers can let their imagination fly while setting their #DriftLink without any unnecessary headaches!
- Where: Bot playbook builder
- Who: Customers with bots
Drift Email 📩
- Exclude Audiences from Drift Email Campaigns
- What: Ability to add exclusion lists from MAP to Drift Email campaigns
- Why: Previously, we shipped the ability to add multiple inclusion lists spanning different MAP's and the ability to target campaigns to contacts who abandoned chats. While these were awesome improvements for audience management within Drift Email, customers STILL had to go back to their MAP and ensure their lists excluded customers they did NOT want to email (ie. contacts who’ve been unsubscribed, disqualified, current customers, etc).
- Where: Drift Email campaigns
- Who: All Drift Email users
Drift Video 📽️
- Old Drift Video account is merged over to their new one
- What: When a user joins a team, everything (the videos, folder structure, and their user settings) from their old Drift Video account is merged over to their new one. Users will no longer have to face the sinking feeling that all their hard work in creating videos was all a waste. A seamless experience!!
- Why: Once upon a time, when a customer who already had a drift account was invited to join a team, they faced a spooky situation when they logged into Drift Video after joining their team. All their videos were missing!! Panicked and frustrated, they would reach out to the video team CA and ask what was going on with their videos and folders they had set up. We knew that behind the scenes they actually had 2 accounts, so we just had to merge the videos over to their new account. We didn't focus on making sure their folders were set up correctly, just simply moved all the videos over. This was NOT a great experience for customers paying for this service, especially for those with a lot in their library and an organized folder structure.
- Where: Drift Video accounts
- Who:All Drift Video users