🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: December 8th
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.https://video.drift.com/v/abEbkmocMQh/
Join your captains Kristen and Katie for this week's update adventure!
- Dark navigation style for iOS
- What: Dark navigation style for iOS app that matches the desktop app.
- Why: We want our customers to feel like they're getting a consistent experience across the desktop and mobile apps.
- Where: iOS app
- Who: All iOS app users
- Self-service upgrade to v2 widget
- What: Modal and banner to prompt v1 users to upgrade to v2.
- Why: v2 widget has some pretty cool features (can be anywhere on screen, better accessibility, sharper colors, etc) and is just overall AWESOME. We want to make it easy for customers to make the switch themselves.
- Where: Widget settings page and bot settings page (Settings > App settings > Drift Widget or Bot)
- Who: All customers currently on v1 widget (only admin will see the messaging since they have access to settings & configuration)
- Org-wide meeting types in the email extension
- What: Share org-wide meeting types in an email using the Share Calendar button using the extension & Gmail.
- Why: We want Drift users to take advantage of org meetings everywhere they're booking meetings. Now, that includes the Drift email extension.
- Where: In an email (using Gmail) being composed when clicking Share Calendar
- Who: Enterprise customers using Gmail & the extension
- Grouped activity feed in Prospector
- What: Activity that occurs around the same time is clustered and rolled up together, so the details you care about -- if a meeting was booked, if the visitor was an identified contact -- are front and center, at the top level of the activity feed. When you click into that row, you'll be presented with the site journey of each of the end users within that time period, which makes it much, much easier to assess high intent for you to take action on, All the filtering you've used before is also in place, allowing you to customize your feed to what is best for you.
- Why: Prospector's promise is that it surfaces the key insights for you, but in the old activity feed, you were doing all the work. As we ramp up toward the unified seat, the value proposition of Drift's offerings needs to be immediately obvious: the customer needs to see how all of these disparate activities from page views, convos, meetings, and video views, all add up together to tell a buyer story, and the easier it is to understand that story, the greater an edge AE's and SDR's have to act on.
- Where: Activity feed in Prospector (in new live chat)
- Who: Premium & Enterprise customers
- "Or" conditions in the global routing builder
- What: Use OR logic when creating routing rules with custom condition sets. Customers can simplify their routing configuration by consolidating the number of nodes needed to satisfy targeting conditions.
- Why: Routing is a critical component of drift and often a source of confusion for our customers. Customers want to be able to understand and communicate their global routing setup. This quarter the routing squad is working to reduce the complexity of configuring enterprise routing. Introducing OR logic in the condition set builder! Previously, when customers wanted to evaluate a routing rule on separate targeting conditions, they configured multiple nodes. This led to duplicate rules and branches, increasing routing complexity.
- Where: Routing rule builder (https://app.drift.com/settings2/rules)
- Who: All customers on a paid plan (Startup+)