Capturing a Site Visitors Email

So you want to capture the email of the person you are chatting with via Drift? EASY!

For users on our Paid Plans, we have a specific Bot Skill for you to utilize! Check out this doc to see how to set it up.

For those on our Free Plan, we have a slightly different way for you to capture the emails of those who engage with your Welcome Message or your Default Greeting.

To turn on email capture head over to Settings 👉️ App Settings 👉️ Drift Widget 👉️ Advanced (you can also click this link!) From there scroll down until you find the setting called Ask site visitors for email. Toggle that setting on, and you are all set!

Want to take it one step further? Once you toggle this option on, you can edit the message that asks for the email!

Comments

• I tried to customise the message, it works well, thanks for the tips Catherine.

I was wondering, do you know why I see this message being sent by "Bot" even though there is my avatar in drift backoffice?

all the best,

• Hey Kim!

If you head over to Settings > App Settings - Drift Widget- Default greeting or click here. You can select if it is set to send from a random teammate or a specific teammate. If you have this option set to specific teammate (and selected yourself), and still having trouble please feel free to send me a screenshot of what you see so I can look into this further for you!

Ruhena- Drift Support⚡️

• Hi Catherine - Once the "ask site visitors for email" setting has been turned on with a free plan, where do the submissions actually go? Will I receive an email notification for any new submissions or do I need to log into my dashboard and check there? Also, is there any way to request to capture site visitors' names as well?