🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: February 3rd
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains for this week's update adventure!
Drift Chat 🤖
- Email Settings Page Redesign
- What: We updated the styling, we improved the experience by making the CTA to install the Chrome extension dynamic, the BCC section (since it's already a setting within the extension itself), displaying a variation of the content on the Gmail signatures card for admins (they’re the only ones who can edit it), and updating all the helpdoc links.
- Why: The old email settings page was inconsistent with our updated settings pages.
- Where: Settings > My settings > Email (https://app.drift.com/settings2/email)
- Who: All users
Personalization Token Accuracy Improvement
- What: We now only personalize a message when an email is present. The change here is only in relation to personalization tokens. EX: Hello COMPANY NAME greetings from the bot or playbook messages. This does not change anything related to playbook targeting/firing, IP lookup, ABM functionality, Drift Intel data storage, routing, etc.
- Why: Because of the move to WFH, the accuracy of IP data lookup via Drift Intel has taken a hit. Since we use this data to personalize messages, we've started to see more and more cases where site visitors are greeted by the wrong company name. This leaves a bad impression in the eyes of site visitors and can be especially harmful to Sales if that site visitor is involved in an active deal. By personalizing only when we have an email, we can be more confident that these poor experiences will happen less often since data derived from email is much more reliable.
- Where: Playbooks
- Who: All customers with Drift Intel