🚢🚢⚡️All Aboard! New Drift Releases: February 24th
This post is part of a series that highlights product updates, or "ships," that we are sending your way.
At Drift, one of our mottos is "always be shipping." Which means we are invested in improving our products for you.
Join your captains for this week's update adventure!
Drift Revenue Acceleration Platform
- *Search transcript recipients
- What: Now you can start typing a teammate's name and their avatar will appear at the top of the screen. You can then select them and complete the action.
- Why: In speaking with some users from particularly large orgs we found that scrolling to find your teammates to send them a transcript or invite them to a conversation was tedious. You had to swipe a million times and it was easy to scroll past the person you were looking for. This should save some time for our users.
- Where: Conversation inbox on iOS app
- Who: All iOS users
- *Widget disabled by default
- What: All new orgs will have the widget disabled by default
- Why: We have a lot of customers who definitely want to pay us money but want to try out both the widget and our in-app experience before they buy, which is totally cool. However, because we enable the widget to be on by default for the free accounts they use to play around with, they often have a bad experience where the widget is displayed live on their site before they’re ready to take a single chat. By defaulting all orgs to disable the widget upon creation we take that fear entirely out of the equation, allowing them to move at their own pace.
- Where: Widget settings (Settings > App settings > Drift Widget)
- Who: Net new Drift customers
- *Display widget to visitors who interacted with a playbook
- What: Ability to only show widget icon to visitors who interacted with a playbook during their session
- Why: It’s a common recommendation from our CSMs to turn off the widget icon so default greetings don’t show to any site visitors. However, this often leads to missed chat opportunities when a visitor dismisses a playbook set to display `Until they interact, once per session (30 minutes)` and ends up unable to interact on the next page they navigate to because the widget icon does not show. With this new widget display setting, the widget icon will display to a visitor if they had interacted with a playbook (i.e. opened or dismissed it) within their session (i.e. 30 minutes of being shown that first playbook) ensuring that if a playbook always has the opportunity to be interacted with as they navigate through pages on a customer’s website. With this setting enabled, when the widget icon is clicked it will show the most recent conversation or playbook seen during that session.
- Where: Widget targeting settings (Settings > App settings > Drift widget > Display to)
- Who: Customers with v2 widget