Manually push a chat/meeting activity from Drift to Salesforce

Hi Drift Community,

Do you know if it is possible to manually push a chat/meeting activity from Drift to Salesforce?

Let's say you accidentally deleted the Drift-generated Salesforce task, how can you then have Drift push this chat/meeting again to Salesforce?

Thanks in advance!

Stefan

Comments

• Hi Stefan!

Thank you for your question! For any site visitors that come in, you can 'sync' this conversation, which should push the activity into Salesforce! Let me know if this helps😊

Ruhena- Drift Support⚡️

• Hey Ruhena,

Appreciate your response. What if the conversation is already synced?

When I attempted to do so - I got a message saying: Contact attributes already sync’d to Salesforce. No SFDC activity was created subsequently.

Thanks in advance :)

• Hey Stefan,

Thanks for your prompt response! I can see in your error log, there was an error message"insufficient access rights on object id". This looks like a ​permissions error related to the user who authenticated the SFDC integration. In this case, it seems like they are missing the permission to write on Contacts. We have a great help doc here that goes over how to write the correct user permissions.

Ruhena- Drift Support ⚡️

• Hi Ruhena,

Apologies for the delay in my response. Just to confirm I understand: a Drift conversation Task in SFDC can not be re-created if the user who authenticated the SFDC integration does not have access rights on the lead/contact object?

Just trying to understand how the access rights on the lead/contact object relate here to the task object creation in SFDC.

Regards - Stefan

• Hi Stefan,

That is correct!

Ruhena- Drift Support ⚡️

• Hi Ruhena,

Thank you for confirming my understanding. I wonder though - how is Drift able to push a Salesforce task the first time, if it does not have the right access fields on the lead/contact record?

How would Drift be able to create a Salesforce task, prior to it being deleted in Salesforce, and trying to created again?

Regards,

Stefan

• Hey Stefan,

No worries! It looks like the permissions could have changed in Salesforce for what Drift can send over, I am not entirely sure what the specific reason for this was. However, this is most likely due to permissions being changed or altered in Salesforce😊.

Ruhena- Drift Support ⚡️

• Hi Ruhena,

Thank you for confirming my understanding!