How do I create a Custom Attribute?

edited April 2021 in Settings

You can head to Visitors -> Contacts -> Contact Settings (https://app.drift.com/contacts/contact-settings).

• Click on the blue button on the top right hand side of your screen called 'Create new attribute'.
  • You can then choose which data type your attribute should be (ranging from date/time to boolean)
  • Once you have chosen the data type of your contact attribute, you will be prompted with a window to name your new attribute and click 'save'.
  • You will be able to see all your custom attributes under 'Custom Attributes' tab within this page.
  • You can also choose which attributes to show in each contact record view, or choose to archive any attributes. Just click on the 3 dots on the right hand side of each attribute (please note you cannot delete any attributes)

You can also preview which contact attributes appear on every contact record you view on the right hand side of this page. It will look like this:

If you have any questions in regards to custom attributes, please comment below 👇 and we will get back to you!

Comments

• Why is there only a date/time field, and not a date-only field? We have SFDC fields which are only date fields that I'm not able to sync over because there is no equivalent attribute available for me to create in Drift.