What are some fundamental practices you are using on LinkedIn in order to create opportunities?

We've all seen a million different pieces of advice on LinkedIn regarding sales.

OVERWHELMING.

How do you filter out what works and what is just fluff? Some say "never pitch" on LinkedIn. If you're an inside rep. where exactly would you pitch?

Would love to hear what has worked and what hasn't for you!

Answers

• It's overwhelming and the advice is often contradicts itself because what works changes so QUICKLY!

Rather than filter out what works and whats fluff - I personalize every single message with a video - NO PITCH. Who needs a pitch if the goal is to start a conversation?

Justt added you on LinkedIn Darren, so I can show you what I'm talking about. See you there!

• I have seen people personalizing with videos more and more recently. Seems like a good way to engage-- everyone prefers to SEE the content creator, right?!

Looking forward to seeing your content!

• just messaged you a Drift video ;)

Send me one back!

• @[email protected] Good morning!

Thank you for time and thoughtfulness. It's always nice to see these baseline tips spelled out. New to Drift myself and quickly seeing the value this tool adds.

Have a great day!

• Honestly, how boring when someone looks at your profile and regurgitates your history?!?! Only if it can be used to connect and build trust. One of the best pieces of advice I have heard is to do some market research in terms of the role that person has and what their top challenges are in 2020 and 2021. This may be a bit different now with the current climate however it is ALL ABOUT THEM and not about you at all. If you truly understand what may keep them up at night and target your messaging accordingly, whether that be via message or video, WITHOUT talking about what you offer, you will find that you are more likely to get into a real conversation. Just my two cents 😄