GDPR Scopes in API

Braden Evans from Transcend is looking to build an integration with mutual customers.

Note from Braden:

We've been running into an issue with needing explicit permissions from Drift to use the Drift GDPR scopes in your API. Would you be able to help us in getting access? Happy to hop on a call to validate the use case and chat more.

Is this possible? Sending this link to Braden so he can follow along.

Comments

• If someone from Drift could get back to me at [email protected] that would be fantastic!

• Donald Cheung
    edited September 2021

Hey Braden,

Thanks for the question regarding GDPR.

I've attached a useful article https://gethelp.drift.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019516793-How-to-set-up-Data-Privacy-Consent-and-Management-GDPR-Compliance-

Can you clarify what you are wanting to achieve or outcome?

Are you able to advise on which app you are integrating?

In the meantime, I'm reaching out to the team to get more information and to check what other details I can provide.

Best regards

Donald - Drift Support

• Hey @Braden Evans ,

The team has come back and would clarification on your question:

It looks like you were able to get the gdpr_read permission added without issue, potentially you are just missing the gdpr_write scope or something along those lines? Are you trying to build an Integration to manage GDPR for other Drift orgs? If it’s the latter the answer is no, we cannot make those scopes public right now.

If you could please reply back with your answer, we can take a further look into your request.

Best regards

Donald - Drift Support

• Hi Donald,

So sorry for the late reply - just sent you an invite on LinkedIn as well. Yes, our intent is to be an integration partner with Drift for our mutual customers to automate privacy requests across their entire tech stack (including Drift). We've integrated with similar platforms directly via API like Intercom, Zendesk, etc. utilizing similar endpoints for privacy. Is there reasoning as to why Drift wouldn't make these publically available and are there plans to expose these endpoints? Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks so much,

Braden Evans

• Hi Braden,

Thank you for the feedback.

In this case, the best course of action is to take this offline and put you in contact with our Partner Delivery team.

Please feel free to reach out to Alex Lemieux (Partner Delivery Consultant) - [email protected] Alex will be able to assist with your questions.

Thank you for your support and partnership with Drift.

Best regards,

Donald - Drift Support

• Hi Donald,

I was able to connect with Alex from the partner delivery team but he said that his team wouldn't be able to help. Is there someone over technology partners who would be able to help get the GDPR read and write scopes approved? These are scopes that are explicitly asked for by current Drift customers. We've been blocked for months unfortunately and more customers are continuing to ask for this integration. Happy to help in any way that I can.

Best,

Braden

• If it helps internally, the app submission page says we'll just need explicit approval for these scopes hence why Jason likely posted here first. Happy to speak with whoever owns tech partner submissions on that. :)

• Hi Braden,

Thank you for the feedback.

I have flagged your request with the team and they are reviewing your Pendo feature submission. At this stage, we don't have a timeframe on when this will be rolled out.

Once again, we appreciate your comments and valuable input.

Best regards

Donald - Drift Support