Prevent opening new conversation

Hello !

I can't figure out how to prevent user to open new conversation when he come back on my website.

My website has a use that makes customers come back for several hours or even days to complete their initial conversation.

Currently, if I come back to the page the next day, I have the greetings message of a new conversation again. I would like to stop this until the conversation is completely closed.

I've tried increasing the "Conversation session timeout" setting to maximum but it doesn't change anything.

The "Auto-close conversations after a period of inactivity" setting is OFF

Is there another setting to configure this as I would like?

Thanks for your help :-)

Comments

• Hi Sked,

I don't think that there is a particular setting that would let you achieve this with the Free plan.

However, you could give your site visitors access to their conversation history so they could see their previous chat, reopen it and continue chatting with you. You will just need to explain to your site visitors when chatting with them that they need to click on the three dots in the top right corner of the bot window to access the chat history if they wish to reopen the chat.

To toggle this feature on, you should go to Settings>App Settings> Drift Widget> Advanced>Allow access to conversation history or click here.

If you are not on the Free plan, then please email us at [email protected] and we will look into this issue for you.

Natalia from Drift support 😀