OAuth Authorization URL CORS issue

Hi, I'm creating an integration with Drift for our platform, but I can't seem to get my custom app authenticated.

Has anyone managed to Authorize their app using the OAuth Flow? Here's a sample screen recording using a bare-bone app that I made just to demonstrate the issue: https://cln.sh/ZiwMJp

Notice that clicking Authorize App would send a network request but is causing a CORS error issue. Note that this page is controlled by Drift, and both the domains are from Drift, albeit, of different subdomains, thus are considered as different origins.

There are even times that it works, but it's like 1 out of 20 times only (obviously an estimate and contrived ratio)

Comments

• Hi there, Community Drifter!

Chelsey, here, from Drift Support 👋 Thank you so much for reaching out. 

I understand that you're trying to use the oAuth token for the app you've created, but an error is thrown when trying to authorize.

This is something our Support team would like to dive into a little more. Please email us at [email protected] to create a ticket for this issue. Please provide the link to this post and/or the video and any other context you're willing to provide. This way we will be able to work with you more specifically regarding your specific organization and scenario.

Thanks for posting!

Chelsey from Drift Support⚡️