Trending Support Topics - June 2024

Badge +2

Every month we’ve decided to share the trending questions and topics our Customer Advocate team sees through case and chat interactions with YOU, our community.  We hope you find the links below beneficial and that they might answer any questions you have before they come up.  If you have any questions or comments about anything we have posted here, please feel free to add them below!

Topic: Calendar Connection

Issue(s):  There's no meeting link dropping in my team's meeting invites but we have Zoom connected.

Resolution: Having performance issues with your Drift Desktop App? Try these steps:

• Do a hard refresh: Hold 'Command' (or 'Control' on a PC) and press 'R' (⌘+R).
  • If that doesn't help, clear the cache and restart: Go to 'Help' > 'Troubleshooting' > 'Clear cache and restart'.
  • If issues persist, reset app data: Go to 'Help' > 'Troubleshooting' > 'Reset app data' (this will log you out).
  • Manually update the app: Go to 'Drift' (or 'File' on a PC) > 'Check for updates'.
  • If still problematic, uninstall and reinstall the Drift app.
  • Still having issues? Contact support and include:
    • A 'log bundle': Go to 'Help' > 'Troubleshooting' > 'Generate Log Bundle' and send it.
    • The conversation link where the issue occurs: Go to 'Conversation Info' in the right sidebar and copy the link.

For more information about troubleshooting the desktop app, please see the following documentation:

https://gethelp.drift.com/s/article/Connecting-Your-Calendar

Topic: Notifications

Issue(s): My notifications are enabled but sometimes they come through a couple of minutes delayed, why is this?

Resolution: Device-specific settings can block browser notifications.

• Mac Users: Please make sure "Do Not Disturb" is not enabled in any capacity in your Systems Preferences/Notifications and that Chrome OS X alerts and the Drift Desktop app alerts (if you are using the Desktop app and not app.drift.com) are allowed.
  • Windows Users: Please make sure "Focus Assist Mode" is not active in the Windows Action Center. Be aware that it is possible to have focus assist set to turn on during certain times of day. Please make sure it is fully turned off so you can receive notifications.
  • Also, make sure that Chrome OS X alerts (for web browser notifications) and the Drift Desktop app alerts (if you are using the Desktop app and not app.drift.com) are allowed in the "Notification and Actions" section of settings.

You will also want to make sure that notifications from apps and other senders are enabled.

For more information about troubleshooting notifications, please see the following documentation:

https://gethelp.drift.com/s/article/Troubleshooting-Notifications

Topic: Salesforce Integration

Issue(s): I’m seeing this Salesforce sync error in my event log, how can I resolve it?:

"Error inserting Drift Conversation object with conversation id: [#] with the salesforce error message: [{"message":"cannot reference converted lead", "errorCode":"CANNOT_UPDATE_CONVERTED_LEAD", "fields":[]}]"

Resolution: Click the Validate user permissions button to have Drift run a check on the permissions for the connected Salesforce user. If all the correct permissions are granted, you will see a green check next to the Validate user permissions button as well as when the permissions were last checked. The API user's profile must have API Enabled, Edit Events, Edit Tasks, and View All Data system permissions enabled.

For more information about Salesforce Permissions, please see the following documentation:

https://gethelp.drift.com/s/article/Granting-the-Proper-Salesforce-User-and-Object-Permissions-for-Drift-and-Salesforce

0 replies

Be the first to reply!