Solved

Does anyone else find it incredibly difficult to build an effective chatbot using AI topics because we can't easily see unrecognized intents?

• 29 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I’m just curious if there are any other CAI managers here that are struggling with building an impactful and engaging chatbot that can serve a Support use case because we don’t have the ability to just easily see what the bot is not recognizing. This is such a basic feature for a chatbot vendor, it makes me wonder why Drift doesn’t have it. The AI topics performance dash doesn’t even have any reference to unrecognized topics, does Drift not want us to know how much the bot is not recognizing? This is an incredible gap in reporting, and not having this basic functionality makes me really hesitant to trust Drift enough to use something as powerful as Bionic Chatbots, especially seeing seeing how GPT powered business chatbots are already causing issues for companies, just look at the messes caused by ones recently used by a Chevrolet dealership and Canada Air. 

If we are not able to effectively manage our AI offerings we are putting our companies and our own careers at risk. 

icon

Best answer by Jordan Irlbeck 1 March 2024, 19:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey Travis!

As a professional services consultant, I totally hear you on this one. Here’s what I have been doing with my customers that I think would be useful to you!

• Create a conversation tag (something like “AI Not Recognized”)
  • Audit your CAI playbooks and add the tag to the unrecognized topic across all of your CAI playbooks
  • Use the chat data report to surface all the conversations with that tag (I’d say on a weekly basis to begin with)
  • Review/note the conversations where you see common questions
  • Work with your team to decide if new custom topics are needed to answer those questions OR optimize your current AI topics with added examples or conditional responses

I also like to reference the suggestions tab as well to see if there are any other trends I may have missed. Most of the time the examples can be added to topics I have already created and by adding the extra examples, it strengthens the model.

Hope this helps!

J

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the reply Jordan, but we shouldn’t have to do all of this to see a metric that is considered basic functionality for every other conversational AI product out there. 

Badge

Does Drift have an additional module or feature on a paid plan that can convert your chatbot into an AI chatbot that scans your website and provides answers to users from the content on your website as a first stop. And then you can jump in and add manually to the conversations?